Sunday, 17 February 2013

quarterlight window sill

 It has just occurred to me that I have done a few bits of scuttle metal work which I haven't recorded. Among them is the sill of the driver's side quarterlight. It was riddled with rust and so rather than bodge repair it, I decided to remove it and fabricate a replacement part.
Mine is more radiused, less sharp-angled than Mr Morris's, but I think he got that wrong. The radiuses on mine are similar to the ones edging the windscreen. Also, I used thicker material, so I think it ought to add strength. I have decided that I like it so much I am making one for the other side, even though that one is in ok condition.

Will weld it in next weekend. Will also then fit starter motor and coil.

No comments: